Organic Seedy Sourdough - 2 Loaves
Another Bourke Street Classic, this Organic Seedy Sourdough is like an elevated Multigrain featuring a nutritious blend of flavorful seeds in the interior loaf with a little kick from some cracked rye sourdough culture. The crust is completely coated with sesame seeds. The result is a very dark roasted sesame flavor, which is cut by the interior seeds being unroasted with an almost green fresh flavor to balance.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born & bred on the other side of the world on a charming, tree-lined street on a now-famous little corner in Sydney, Australia. Over 15 years later, the bakery now has 13 branches in Australia, and Allam moved to New York to open their first location in NYC. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (Eater NY), uses mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site. These loaves are so popular, he even posts the exact time they’ll be ready so eager customers can get them fresh from the oven!
This package includes 2 Organic Seedy Sourdough Loaves
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 8″ × 7″ × 4″
- Arrives Unsliced
Organic white flour, salt, malt, natural levain, pepita,poppy seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, rye levain,
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.