A delightful lemon and polenta cake for Mother’s Day, perfect to enjoy at any time of day – with a cup of morning coffee, for an afternoon treat, or a lovely after-dinner sweet. This gorgeous cake comes drizzled with lemon icing and is decorated with edible flowers. This cake is lovely and moist from the addition of polenta with a delightful lemon-vanilla flavor from the fresh lemon zest mixed throughout and the zingy citrus icing. It’s light and classic, yet decadent and looks just beautiful. It’s the perfect sweet treat to spoil that special mother figure in your life – and it’s Gluten Free!
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born and bred in Sydney, Australia, and now has a location in New York. The duo had a big dream to make food they loved by hand from scratch — taking their time, always honoring good produce, strong flavors and artisanal baking traditions. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (according to Eater NY) has been embraced by New Yorkers who scramble for a taste of house-baked sourdough, sausage rolls, and beef pies made with mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes 1 Lemon + Polenta Cake
- Each cake measures approx 6″ × 3″
- Cake is Gluten-Free
Cake – Unsalted Butter, White Sugar, Almond Meal, Vanilla Bean, Whole Eggs, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Polenta, Baking Powder, Salt.
Icing – Icing Sugar, Citric Acid, Lemon Juice, Melted Butter.
Decoration – Fresh Edible Flowers
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes ship ready to eat!
- Upon arrival, transfer cake to an airtight container
- Cake does not need to be refrigerated but will stay fresh for longer in the refrigerator
- Cakes last up to 1 week at room temperature, and in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Do not freeze cake
- Bring cake to room temperature and enjoy!
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.