Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born & bred on the other side of the world on a charming, tree lined street on a now famous little corner in Sydney, Australia. Over 15 years later, the bakery now has 13 branches in Australia, and Allam moved to New York to open their first location in NYC. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (Eater NY), is the go to place for the best breads as well as Australian treats: like their beef pies and sausage rolls!
Bourke Street Bakery’s signature white sourdough is their simplest loaf, yet one of the most complex in detail to produce. The long bake time is essential to coax every bit of caramelization out of the crust and produce many levels of crisp, bubbly and chewy layers in the tasting experience.
Hundreds and thousands of bakeries vyed for the title but Bourke Street Bakery prevailed taking home the title of AUSTRALIA’S BEST SAUSAGE ROLL. Shaped like a sausage but actually made from ground meat wrapped in a puff pastry – it takes two days to make this delectable flaky, award-winning pastry.
Also included in this package are Bourke Street’s famous Beef Pies. This is an Aussie as you can get – a Meat Pie made by Australia’s best bakery, to make it completely authentic squeeze a dollop of house-made ketchup on top! This is comfort food made by a master chef/baker who knows how to elevate humble food to taste sensation hype heights. Two types of golden handmade pastry encase this savory beef sensation.
This package includes:
- 1 Classic Aussie Beef Pie
- 1 Indian Chicken Pie
- 1 Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll
- 1 Lamb, Almond, & Harissa Sausage Roll
- 1 Organic White Wheat Sourdough Loaf
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″
- Arrived Unsliced
- Each Sausage Roll is approximately ½ lb. and measures 6″ × 1.5″
- Each Beef Pie is approximately ⅓ lb.
- Sausage Rolls & Beef Pie arrive unbaked
- Sourdough – Organic white flour, salt, malt, natural levain
- Beef Pie – ground beef, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, rosemary, red wine, carrots. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Pork & Fennel – ground pork, extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, fennel seeds, garlic, thyme, salt, white pepper, bread crumbs, milk. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Lamb, Almond, & Harissa – ground Australian lamb, harissa (red capsicum, onions, garliccrished chili, corriander seeds, smoked paprika), almonds, cous cous, currants, black pepper, salt. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Chickpea, Eggplant, Fetta, & Mint – Chickpea, confit garlic, onions, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, salt, eggplant, white pepper, spinach, lemon juice, cumin seeds, fetta, mint, corriander, oregano. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- Maybe kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Sausage Rolls & Beef Pies ship unbaked and frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove rolls & pies from box and place in the freezer until ready to bake.
- May be kept frozen for up to 3 months
Sausage Rolls & Beef Pies
- Bake from frozen
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- Remove from packaging
- Place on tray in the oven
- Bake for 15 mins and turn tray
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.