Boudin Bakery ships its famous clam chowder and sourdough bread bowls nationwide on Goldbelly! It all started when Boudin Bakery had a simple, brilliant idea: they poured their classic Fisherman’s Wharf Clam Chowder into a hollowed round of fresh-baked sourdough. Over many decades, this humble pairing has become world famous, and might well be San Francisco’s most iconic meal.
Each can of delicious Boudin chowder is full of tender California clams, cream, and herbs. Boudin Bakery sourdough is made with locally milled flour, water, salt, and a piece of the original mother dough, which has been used since 1849.
It’s easy to see why the sourdough loaf from Boudin Bakery, San Francisco’s oldest continuously operating business, has been a San Francisco staple since 1849. Established by Isidore Boudin, who started a small bakery to feed the hungry miners flocking to San Francisco during the Gold Rush, the bread bakery has endured as San Francisco has evolved decade after decade. The original wild yeast has been the starter for every Boudin loaf for more than 170 years, making the iconic sourdough bread an unmistakable taste of San Francisco history.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 4 Fresh Sourdough Bread Bowls (8 oz. each)
- 2 Cans of Boudin’s Famous Chowder (18.8 oz. each)
Boudin Sourdough – Unbleached Flour, Pure Water, Salt, And Some Of The Original Mother Dough, And Does Not Contain Any Preservatives.
Clam Chowder – Water, Rehydrated Potatoes, Ocean Quahogs Clams, Canola Oil, Corn Starch, Light Cream (Milk, Cream) Contains 1% Or Less Of: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Modified Corn Starch, Potassium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide As Color, Salt, Whey Powder, Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Corn Maltodextrin, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat), Natural Smoke Flavor, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Wheat Maltodextrin, Sodium Phosphate, Caramel Color. Contains Milk, Wheat, Soy.
Instructions / Storage
- Boudin Sourdough will stay fresh at room temperature for 2-3 days if kept away from heat and humidity. Can be store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Heat the Clam Chowder
- Slice the top ½ inch off each Bread Bowl and hollow the inside. Place the tops on the Bread Bowl and place in a 375°F pre-heated oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove Bread Bowls from the oven and fill with heated clam chowder.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve while hot…and remember to eat the bread bowls!
- Boudin Bakery ships on Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.