Bludso’s BBQ’s southern barbecue essentials are seasoned with a custom dry rub and slow-smoked for up to 14 hours so they come out dripping with mouth-watering juices. Bludso’s famous Whole Smoked Turkey is seasoned with their custom dry rub and smoked slow and low. Only whole logs of real hardwood, charcoal, and fire are used. Turkeys weigh 10 to 12 pounds each and serve 8 to 10 people. Detailed heating instructions will be included with each order.
The Bludso family has been perfecting the craft of slow-smoked meats for five generations. Founded by renowned pitmaster Kevin Bludso in 2008, Bludo’s seasons its meat with a custom dry rub before smoking it slow and low for up to 14 hours. This is Southern barbecue at its finest. Bludso’s BBQ was featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and was named the “Hottest BBQ in the U.S.” by Eater.
- This package includes a 10 – 12 lb. Whole Smoked Turkey
- Serves 8-10 people
- Preparation Card Included
Instructions / Storage
- Meats are shipped vacuum sealed and shipped frozen. It is normal for them to arrive partially or fully thawed
- Upon arrival, place meats in the refrigerator or freezer. They can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days or in the freezer for up to 90 days
- When you receive your package, store the wrapped turkey immediately in your freezer.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to transfer your turkey to the refrigerator 3-4 days prior to reheating it. Please plan accordingly.
h3 To Serve
- Leave turkey out at room temp for at least 1 hour before heating.
- While you wait, preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Completely unwrap turkey and place in a roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Cover the turkey with tented foil.
- Once oven is ready place turkey in oven and heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove tented foil from turkey and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, raise heat of oven to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes (this will help to crisp the skin.)
Note: Turkey is FULLY COOKED prior to being heated.
- The turkey should be heated until warm throughout but not PIPING HOT!
- Be careful not to dry out the turkey
- If possible, use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of approx 150 degrees (inserted into the breast).
- Shipping Wednesday 12/16 only.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.