The Gulf of Maine is home to Jonah Crab. For years, lobstermen despised them because they worked their way into the lobster pots to steal the bait. Once freed from the traps they were tossed back into the Atlantic under a shower of curses. Finally, someone had the sense to take them home and put them in the pot. Turns out that the crabs were delicious, and a cottage industry sprung up in Maine steaming, picking and selling their meat. And it turned out that the larger ones had nice juicy claws that gave the coveted Stone Crab claws from Florida a run for their money!
These claws are steamed and frozen immediately to trap it is sweet, ocean flavor – and are ready to be eaten and enjoyed once thawed.
Every morning, the lobstermen and women of Maine brave the salty surf of the coast in search of the finest lobster. They have no idea where their journey will take them or what their bounty may be. However, they take extraordinary pride in being a part of your next culinary adventure, just as their ancestors did for generations before them. For the past 10 years, Black Point Seafood has been on a mission to help everyone taste a piece of these seafaring journeys by delivering the finest lobster and seafood Maine has to offer.
This package includes:
- 5 lbs. of steamed Jonah Crab Claws (6 to 8 pieces per lb.)
- 9 oz. Cocktail Sauce
- 1 Wooden Crab Mallet
Instructions / Storage
- Jonah Crab Claws ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival freeze lobster claws or place them in the refrigerator
- Jonah Crab Claws may be kept frozen for up to 1 month
- Thawed Jonah Crab Claws should be enjoyed within 5 days
- These claws are steamed and frozen immediately to trap it is sweet, ocean flavor – and are ready to be eaten and enjoyed once thawed
- Try and keep your table clean by laying out a tablecloth or newspapers
- Grab a crab mallet or hammer and crack the claws over the tablecloth/newspapers
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Black Point Seafood ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.