This legendary double decker pizza is topped with sausage, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers. Bill’s is renowned as the birthplace of “double decker” pizza, an alternative to deep-dish which is best described as two thin crust pizzas layered on top of each other, with a hand rolled crust. It was created at Bill’s as a way to satisfy those wanting a thicker pizza without all the extra dough, and it definitely requires a knife and fork!
Husband-and-wife Bill and Pat Kwiatkowski founded Bill’s Pizza back in 1957, when they were just teenagers. The small pizzeria, located on the outskirts of Chicago, quickly gained in popularity, and today Bill’s Pizza & Pub is a renowned local landmark, with a wood-paneled, Northwoods-inspired dining room; it’s also a true family restaurant, run by Bill & Pat’s daughters and grandchildren. Bill’s is the kind of relaxed restaurant where the beer is served ice-cold in a frosty mug, peanut shells are tossed onto the floor, and the pizza recipes haven’t changed in decades.
This package serves 2-4 people and includes 2 Bill’s Special Double Decker Pizzas
- Each pizza serves 1-2 people and measures 12"
- Bill’s Special – Wheat Flour, Water, Corn Oil, Yeast, Salt, Pasteurized Low-fat Milk, Salt, Cheese Cultures and Enzymes, Tomato Puree, Water, Salt, Black Pepper, Oregano, Sausage, Mushroom, Onion Green Pepper
Instructions / Storage
- Pizzas ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Please keep pizzas frozen until ready to be cooked
- May be kept frozen for up to 2 months
- After the pizza is cooked, leftovers can be stored in fridge for up to an additional two days if needed
Double Decker Crust
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Remove frozen pizza from packaging and place directly on center oven rack or a preheated pizza stone
- Bake for 12-20 mins, or until cheese is a light golden brown
Oven times and temperature may vary
- Bill’s Pizza & Pub ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.