Featured on The Today Show, Food & Wine and Food Network as one of the top 5 BBQ spots in America, Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q is the quintessential Northern Alabama BBQ joint. Famous for creating Alabama white sauce, Big Bob’s hickory-smoked chickens dunked in white sauce became so influential that he spawned an entire regional style of BBQ centered around the sauce. This Championship Combo is just in time for game day with succulent ribs and wings that are bursting with flavor.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 2 racks of St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs
- 20 BBQ Buffalo Wings
- 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce (19 oz. each)
BBQ Sauce Options Include
- Championship Red Sauce – Judged “World’s Best” for three consecutive years
- Original White Sauce – Big Bob’s creation. An all purpose sauce with a tangy peppery taste that goes well with poultry, pork, seafood and wild game
- Habanero Red Sauce – Big Bob’s Championship Red Sauce with an added special blend of peppers and spices
- Backyard Mustard Sauce – A smooth mustard base backed with Big Bob’s traditional championship spices
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate transportation, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment
- Upon arrival, place the BBQ in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 4 days. If you plan to serve it later, place it in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To serve, follow the prep instructions below
- Once heated, we do not recommend re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
Ribs Prep Instructions
- To cook from frozen, remove from plastic, heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place meat in a covered casserole container or an aluminum pan covered with foil. Warm approximately 45 minutes until heated through and steaming
- To cook from thawed state, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight for approximately 10 hours and choose from the methods below
GRILL METHOD – Remove from plastic and place the BBQ in a covered aluminum foil pan or other grill-safe container, and reheat over medium low heat until hot and steaming, approximately 30 minutes (Larger amounts of food may take longer to re-heat.)
OVEN METHOD – Remove from plastic, heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place meat in a covered casserole container or an aluminum pan covered with foil. Warm approximately 30 minutes until heated through and steaming
Wings Prep Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 ˚F. Thaw and remove the wings from the plastic pouch and place them in an uncovered oven-safe dish
- Place the dish in the preheated oven until the skin is crisp, about 15 minutes. Serving temperature is above 140˚F if using an internal meat thermometer.
- For the sauce, in a small sauce pan, pour the wing sauce from the pouch. Heat until it’s warm.
- Pour the sauce over the hot cooked wings and stir until they’re evenly coated.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!"
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.