This is a sampler pack of four of Benny’s most “big time” pizzas! It includes Margherita, Tony Pepperoni, Kevin McCalister, and King Louie pizzas.
Vivian Howard and her husband Ben Knight are Carolina culinary royalty, with four restaurants under their belt; you also might have spotted Howard hosting her Peabody Award-winning cooking show, A Chef’s Life, on PBS. Benny’s Big Time Pizzeria is their opportunity to play around with big, bold Italian flavors, and the results have been spectacular. These Neapolitan-style pizzas boast a crisp and chewy wood-fired crust, and there’s some seriously creative culinary know-how behind these pizzas, which can explain why there’s regularly a line out the door!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 4 Neapolitan pizzas.
- Pizzas are 12"
- Each pizza serves 1-2 people
- Choose to add a Hot Honey Bear (each 6 oz.)
- Margherita – It may be the traditional choice, but every pizza connoisseur has an opinion on this one, and is all too ready to share it! Here’s ours – to us, it’s all about the interplay between the sauce and the crust.
- Tony Pepperoni – lots of succulent cupping pepperoni, and a little oregano to balance. Tony Pepperoni is a helluva good guy.
- Kevin McCalister – Finally Kevin gets his cheese pizza, only he had to wait a few years, get a college degree, and perhaps even a kid or too! Our cheese pizza is like a fine wine, utilizing the full effect of the “funk” provided by taleggio and the sweet heat of Benny’s Hot Honey.
- King Louie – There wasn’t any pizza in the “Jungle Book”, but there was some fire! Our King Louie brings the heat, and the sweet. This pie is a great take on a Hawaiin, and while Neapolitan traditionalists would call King Louie an unflattering you know what, the pineapple jam and speck combo really is “The Jam”.
Margherita – Wheat Flour, Mozzarella Cheese (Milk, Salt, Starter, Enzymes), Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil, Salt, Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Olive Oil,Yeast
King Louie – Wheat Flour, Mozzarella Cheese (Milk,salt,starter, Enzymes), Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil, Salt, Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Pinapple Jam (Pineapple, Sugar, Clove), Speck (Pork, Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Flavors, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Nitrate, Rosemary), Serrano Chilis, Calabrese Chilis, Mint, Olive Oil, Yeast
Kevin McCalister – Wheat Flour, Mozzarella Cheese (Milk,salt,starter, Enzymes), Taleggio Cheese( Milk, Salt, Rennet), Ricotta Cheese (Pasteurized Whole Milk, Vinegar, Salt) Heavy Cream, Hot Honey (Wildflower Honey, Calabrese Chilis, Garlic, Lemon Zest), Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil,salt, Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Olive Oil, Yeast
Tony Pepperoni – Wheat Flour, Mozzarella Cheese (Milk,salt,starter, Enzymes), Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil,salt, Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Sausage (Pork, Garlic, Salt, Fennel, Orange Zest, Spices), Olive Oil, Yeast
Hot Honey – Local NC Wildflower Honey, Calabrese Chilis, Garlic, Lemon Zest
Instructions / Storage
- This product arrives with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove Pizzas from packaging and place in the freezer
- Pizzas will last 4-6 hours at room temperature, in the fridge up to 3 days, or frozen up to 90 days
- Hot Honey will last 2 days at room temperature or 1 month in the fridge, freezing is not recommended.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place Pizza on a sheet pan or cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp
- Benny’s Big Time Pizzeria ships Tuesday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.