Take your pick from Banger’s top selling sausages: classic bratwurst, chicken apple (made with honey crisp apples and a hint of brandy) spicy smoked jalapeno cheddar, spicy Italian (with plenty of red pepper flakes, cayenne, fennel, oregano, and coriander), or Drunk Chicken (with PBR, spicy chiles, and lemon zest).
A big, bustling beer garden and Austin landmark, Banger’s was founded in 2012 by Ben Siegel. All of their sausages are made by hand in small batches the old fashioned way, in an on-site facility. More than 2,500 pounds of fresh sausages are made here weekly!
This package serves 20-22 people and includes your choice of 32 sausages
- Sausages arrive in packs of 4
- Each sausage weighs 5-6 oz.
Sausage options include:
- Bratwurst – White pepper and white wine hit the spot every time in this classic German-style pork sausage.
- Drunk Chicken – A lil spicy, with beer brined chicken thighs, serrano peppers, red pepper flakes, cilantro & more beer.
- Jalapeño Cheddar – This pork sausage is cheesy, gooey, smokey & spicy.
- Spicy Italian – Pork, fennel, and lots of red pepper…fuggadaboutit!
- Chicken Apple – The brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon make this a classic. The applesauce and brandy we fold in at the end make it a legend.
Bratwurst – Pork, White Pepper, Mace, Cardamom, Marjoram, Coriander, Salt, Milk, Eggs, White Wine, Pork Casing
Cabbage, Kosher Salt, Brine Water, Spring Water
Chicken Apple – Chicken Thighs, Pork, Honey Crisp Apples, Butter, Brandy, Kosher Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Mace, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Brown Sugar, Milk Powder, Panko, Apple Sauce (House Made, Apples Only)
Jalapeno Cheddar – Pork, Marjoram, Sage, Cayenne Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Kosher Salt, Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Dry Milk Powder, Apple Cider Vinegar, Molasses, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Peppers
Spicy Italian – Pork, Coriander, Caraway Seed, Arbol Chiles, Black Pepper, Fennel Seed, Red Pepper Flakes, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Red Wine
Drunk Chicken – Chicken, Pork, Salt, Lemon Zest, PBR, Red Pepper Flakes, Black Pepper, Coriander, Caraway Seed, Arbol Chiles, Black Pepper, Fennel Seed, Red Pepper Flakes, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Red Wine,
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships frozen with dry ice and ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- DO NOT handle dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, place sausages immediately in the fridge
- Sausages can be kept in the fridge up to 1 week, or 30 days frozen
- Sausages last 4 hours at room temperature
- 1. Low and slow is the name of the game so it’s all about controlling your fire. Follow the Mississippi Test (see below) to see if your grill is the right temp. If the grill is too hot, you run the risk of splitting your casing and having all the juices run out, or the sausage may cook unevenly and shrivel up on you, and let’s be honest, no one wants a shriveled sausage.
- 2. At Low to Medium heat, cook on each side for approximately 5 to 7 minutes (10 – 15 minutes total).
- 1. Again, whether you are cooking on an outdoor grill or inside in a frying pan, a nice dry casing cooked low and slow is the key to the perfect sausage. Preheat your cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan (important to not use a thin metal pan if you want to create the proper sear) and add a touch of cooking oil or fat of your choice (we do NOT recommend olive oil since it has a low smoke point and can give an off-flavor).
- 2. Cook sausages on each side for approximately 5 minutes or until your desired internal temp is reached.
- 1. Though our preferred methods are grilling and pan-frying, it never hurts to have another arrow in your quiver. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place sausages in your fire safe vessel and add just a touch of oil (enough to give your sausage a little bit of a shine). This will help out until the sausages start to create their own oils during the cooking cycle.
- 2. Place the pan into the preheated oven on the center rack.
- 3. Cook sausages for about 10 minutes and then flip and continue to cook until you reach the desired internal temp. Feel free to watch them sizzle through the little window. This method will take 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.