Enjoy 12 of Banger’s spicy smoked jalapeño cheddar sausages, a zesty crowd favorite.
Founded in 2012 by Ben Siegel, Banger’s Sausage House is a beloved beer garden in Austin, Texas. Texas-sized sausages are made onsite, by hand in small batches. The beer garden makes more than 2,500 pounds of sausage like German bratwurst, chicken apple, and spicy jalapeño cheddar per week. Banger’s Sausage House has been featured on Man, Fire, Food (Cooking Channel), Food Paradise (Travel Channel), and BBQ with Franklin (PBS). Texas Monthly voted Banger’s one of the best bbq bites of 2019, and it made Eater Austin’s 38 Best Restaurants List in 2020.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes 12 Pre-Cooked Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages.
- Sausages arrive in 3 packs of 4
- Each sausage weighs 5-6 oz.
Jalapeno Cheddar – Pork, Marjoram, Sage, Cayenne Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Kosher Salt, Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Dry Milk Powder, Apple Cider Vinegar, Molasses, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Peppers
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships frozen with dry ice and ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- DO NOT handle dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, place sausages immediately in the fridge
- Sausages can be kept in the fridge up to 1 week, or 30 days frozen
- Sausages last 4 hours at room temperature
- 1. Low and slow is the name of the game so it’s all about controlling your fire. Follow the Mississippi Test (see below) to see if your grill is the right temp. If the grill is too hot, you run the risk of splitting your casing and having all the juices run out, or the sausage may cook unevenly and shrivel up on you, and let’s be honest, no one wants a shriveled sausage.
- 2. At Low to Medium heat, cook on each side for approximately 5 to 7 minutes (10 – 15 minutes total).
- 1. Again, whether you are cooking on an outdoor grill or inside in a frying pan, a nice dry casing cooked low and slow is the key to the perfect sausage. Preheat your cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan (important to not use a thin metal pan if you want to create the proper sear) and add a touch of cooking oil or fat of your choice (we do NOT recommend olive oil since it has a low smoke point and can give an off-flavor).
- 2. Cook sausages on each side for approximately 5 minutes or until your desired internal temp is reached.
- 1. Though our preferred methods are grilling and pan-frying, it never hurts to have another arrow in your quiver. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place sausages in your fire safe vessel and add just a touch of oil (enough to give your sausage a little bit of a shine). This will help out until the sausages start to create their own oils during the cooking cycle.
- 2. Place the pan into the preheated oven on the center rack.
- 3. Cook sausages for about 10 minutes and then flip and continue to cook until you reach the desired internal temp. Feel free to watch them sizzle through the little window. This method will take 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.