Asado Feast Kit for 8-10
Enjoy the flavor and spirit of Argentina with this array of flavorful pasture-raised ribeye, strip loin, and skirt steak; juicy pork & blood sausages; and provoleta (a slab of marinated provolone, ready to be pan-seared) for a true gaucho-style asado at home – complete with traditional chimichurri sauce & salsa criolla!
Balvanera is the name of a historic neighborhood in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where poets, musicians, and artists once gathered. At Balvanera on New York’s Lower East Side, chef Fernando Navas is cultivating that same spirit in an elegant and laid-back restaurant, with a menu of traditional porteña cuisine and gaucho-style asado feasts inspired by regional Argentinian cooking. Navas spent time in the kitchens of legendary restaurants including elBulli and Nobu before returning to his Argentinian roots (he’s from Punta Alta) to open Balvanera in 2015.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes:
- 2 Ribeye (each 12 oz.)
- 2 Striploin (each 12 oz.)
- 2 Skirt Steak (each 12 oz.)
- 2 Pork Sausage (each 4 oz.)
- 2 Blood Sausage (each 4 oz.)
- 2 Provoleta Cheese (each 5 oz.)
- 1 Jar of Chimichurri (8 oz.)
- 1 Jar of Salsa Criolla (8 oz.)
- Choose to add on Alfajores – The traditional Argentinian shortcake cookie sandwich filled with dulce de leche and rounded out with coconut flakes.
- Alfajores measures 2″ × 2″ and weighs approximately 2 oz.
Ribeye, Striploin, Skirt Steak – Pastured Raised Beef
Blood Sausage – Cured Pork Skin (Cured With A Solution Of Water, Sodium Nitrite), Beef Blood, Onion, Sodium Lactate, Wheat Flour, Salt, Salt, Nutmeg
Argentine Sausages – Ground Pork, Pork Belly, Water, Curing Salt (Salt, Sugar, Dextrose, Sodium Nitrite), Garlic, Nutmeg, White Pepper, Red Wine.
Provoleta – Italian Provolone, Pimenton, Fresh Oregano, Confit Tomatoes, Olive Oil,
Chimichurri Sauce – Fresh Parsley, Oregano, Garlic, Roasted Red Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Canola Oil, Olive Oil
Salsa Criolla – Red Bell Pepper, Spanish Onion, Garlic, Hot Sauce, White Wine Vinegar, Canola Oil, Olive Oil
Alfajores – Cookies (Butter, Eggs, Wheat Flour, Cornstarch, Baking Powder, Vanilla, Lemon Zest, Sugar) Dulce De Leche (Milk, Sugar, Corn Starch) Coconut Flakes
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place immediately in the refrigerator
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- Freezing is not recommended
- Take the steaks and sausages from the fridge and allow to rest for 30-45 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- In the meantime, get your cast iron pan ready for high heat or in the case of cooking outdoors, take this time to light up the grill.
- Season the beef with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cook steaks over a hot cast iron skillet or simply grill at high temp for 12 minutes on each side for a nice med rare.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
- For the sausages, slowly cook them on the cast iron skillet or over the grill for 20 minutes, turning them to crisp on both sides.
- For the provoleta cheese, place it into a round pan and slowly melt it over the burner or grill.
- Enjoy the meats and sausages with our casa-made fresh chimichurri and salsa criolla.
- Balvanera ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for * Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.