Our version of the requisite French-Canadian pork pie traditionally eaten at Christmastime contains braised Heritage pork and duck confit. It is flavored with warm spices, duxelles, wine, and bound with a bit of potato and of course our bread. Comes frozen in a reusable embossed pie tin with simple instructions to bake directly from the freezer. Great hot or cold, late at night, for breakfast or any time.
This package includes a 9 inch pie that serves 8-10 people
Berkshire pork, duck, bay, onions, carrots, celery, potato, mushrooms, chicken stock, bread (wheat, rye, salt), white wine, butter, potato, spices, parsley, thyme, piecrust contains (wheat flout, lard, egg yolk). Made in a facility that uses nuts.
Instructions / Storage
- Upon receipt, remove from box and freeze or bake immediately
- After baking, item may be stored on the countertop for 3 hours before needing refrigeration.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 1 week after baking and properly cooling
- It can be stored in the freezer uncooked for 6 months or longer, unopened.
- Unwrap and bake directly from frozen for 70 minutes in preheated 400°F oven (no fan). Cover edge with foil if it becomes too dark. Cool 30-60 minutes before eating.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Balthazar Bakery ships Monday – Friday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.