Balthazar Bakery ships its famous Berkshire Pork and Duck Tourtiere nationwide on Goldbelly! Balthazar’s version of the requisite French-Canadian pork pie traditionally eaten at Christmastime contains braised Heritage pork and duck confit. It is flavored with warm spices, duxelles, wine, and bound with a bit of potato and, of course, Balthazar’s famous bread. Comes frozen in a reusable embossed pie tin with simple instructions to bake directly from the freezer. This holiday feast is great hot or cold, late at night, for breakfast, or any time!
In 1997, Balthazar Bistro opened its doors in New York. In a small corner, downstairs in the basement, space was set aside for Paula Oland to bake bread. From the day the bistro opened, a bountiful bread basket was set upon each table, and it’s since become a hallmark. Soon after, Balthazar Bakery opened, a small jewel box-sized boulangerie attached to the bistro. Every day since, the bakery has been filled with both locals and tourists, who scramble to get their taste of Bathalzar’s iconic bread and pastries. Today, Balthazar Bakery’s bread is served at iconic New York restaurants including Pastis, Jean-Georges, and Blue Hill at Stone Barns.
This package includes a 9 inch pie that serves 8-10 people
Berkshire pork, duck, bay, onions, carrots, celery, potato, mushrooms, chicken stock, bread (wheat, rye, salt), white wine, butter, potato, spices, parsley, thyme, piecrust contains (wheat flout, lard, egg yolk). Made in a facility that uses nuts.
Instructions / Storage
- Upon receipt, remove from box and freeze or bake immediately
- After baking, item may be stored on the countertop for 3 hours before needing refrigeration.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 1 week after baking and properly cooling
- It can be stored in the freezer uncooked for 6 months or longer, unopened.
- Bake from Frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F oven (no fan).
- Unwrap and bake directly from frozen for 70 minutes
- Cover edge with foil if it becomes too dark
- Cool 30-60 minutes before eating.
- Balthazar Bakery ships Monday – Friday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.