Be the envy of the breakfast nook with these two Bakehouse PDX classics!
Rhubarb Hand Pie
Tart rhubarb tossed in house-made rhubarb jam fills our old fashioned pie dough, which is incredibly flaky and made with 100% butter (no shortening, etc). Cinnamon sugar is sprinkled on top before baking dark to slightly caramelize.
A Bakeshop legend! A classic croissant is sliced open, brushed with house-made orange blossom vanilla bean syrup, and filled with frangipane (almond cream). More frangipane is spread over the top and it’s sprinkled with sliced almonds before being baked again and topped it with plenty of powdered sugar. The result is a sweet and crisp outer layer with a nutty, custardy center!
After years as a pastry chef at renowned Los Angeles restaurants Spago and Campanile, Kim Boyce opened Bakeshop in Portland, Oregon, in 2011. At Bakeshop, Boyce is baking high-end European-style pastries, and it’s renowned as one of Portland’s best bakeries. Boyce began experimenting with whole-grain flours, and found they added a whole new dimension of flavor, texture, and color to the plate. It was a life-changing revelation, one that’s made her a three-time James Beard Award semifinalist for Outstanding Baker and a winner for her cookbook, Good to the Grain.
This package serves 8 people and includes:
- 4 Almond Croissants
- Each croissant weighs 5 oz and measures 7″ × 3″
- 4 Rhubarb Hand Pies (Seasonal)
- Each hand pie weighs 4 oz and measures 5.5″ × 2.5″
Please note that Seasonal Flavors are subject to availability
Made in a facility that contains nuts
Almond Croissants: Butter, Bread Flour, White Flour, Spelt Flour, Sugar, Salt, Yeast, Milk, Almond Paste, Almond Meal, Egg, Sliced Almonds, Vanilla Beans, Orange Flower Water
Rhubarb Hand Pies: White Flour, Sugar, Salt, Butter, Rhubarb, Butter, Sugar, Cinnamon, Allspice
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship without coolant and arrive ready to enjoy
- Baked Goods may be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days and frozen up to 1 month.
- It is not recommended to store in the fridge
- While they are delicious at room temperature if you would prefer to enjoy them warm, the first step is to preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- Bakeshop PDX ships Tuesday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.