Reminiscent of waffles on a Sunday morning, the maple scone is made with 100% pure maple extract and a mixture of flours including light rye, barley, all-purpose, and whole wheat. It’s sweetened entirely with brown sugar, which contributes to a nutty, molasses-like flavor. It has crisp edges, a tender center, and is topped with a maple-brown sugar glaze!
After years as a pastry chef at renowned Los Angeles restaurants Spago and Campanile, Kim Boyce opened Bakeshop in Portland, Oregon, in 2011. At Bakeshop, Boyce is baking high-end European-style pastries, and it’s renowned as one of Portland’s best bakeries. Boyce began experimenting with whole-grain flours, and found they added a whole new dimension of flavor, texture, and color to the plate. It was a life-changing revelation, one that’s made her a three-time James Beard Award semifinalist for Outstanding Baker and a winner for her cookbook, Good to the Grain.
This package serves 6 people and includes 6 Maple Scones.
- Each scone weighs 2 oz and measures 3″ × 3.5″
Barley Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Rye Flour, All Purpose Flour, Maple Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Butter, Buttermilk, Cocoa Powder, Maple Syrup
Made in a facility that contains nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship without coolant and arrive ready to enjoy
- Baked Goods may be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days and frozen up to 1 month.
- It is not recommended to store in the fridge
- While they are delicious at room temperature if you would prefer to enjoy them warm, the first step is to preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- Bakeshop PDX ships Tuesday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.