Anderson’s Frozen Custard ships its famous Beef on Weck sandwiches nationwide on Goldbelly! If you want to enjoy your fill of legendary “beef-on-weck” sandwiches, this is the package for you. Known and beloved all over Western New York State, Anderson’s award-winning “beef-on-weck” is all-natural (and hormone-free) roast beef that’s slow-roasted to perfection, thinly sliced, dipped in au jus, topped with horseradish, and layered on a Kimmelweck roll.
For decades, Anderson’s Frozen Custard has been the place in New York State to savor indescribably rich and creamy frozen custard, handmade ice cream, and Western New York’s regional specialty “beef on weck." Founded by Carl and Greta Anderson in The Bronx, New York, in 1946 and relocated to Buffalo in 1947, Anderson’s Frozen Custard is still a family-run diner-style destination that continues to appeal to food lovers, who delight in the savory beef on weck and soft, creamy frozen custard made in small batches with hormone-free products.
Each pack serves approximately 8 people.
This Beef On Weck for 8 package includes everything you’ll need to make 8 famous Anderson’s beef on weck sandwiches:
- 2 lbs of All-Natural Roast Beef
- 8 Kaiser Rolls
- Glaze with Caraway/Salt Mix
- Au Jus Concentrate
Instructions / Storage
Roast beef for “beef-on-weck” can be held frozen for up to 4 weeks and should be enjoyed within 3 days after defrosting.
- Defrost the rolls and glaze at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reheat your oven to 350 °F
- Place the rolls close together on a baking sheet. Coat them with glaze and sprinkle with the caraway/salt mixture.
- Place coated rolls in the oven and bake them for 2 minutes.
- Put the au jus concentrate into a pot with one pint of boiling water. Add more hot water to adjust flavor, if desired.
- Defrost the all-natural roast beef briefly at room temperature until you can separate slices. When defrosted, transfer to a platter. Use tongs to pick up 2 to 3 slices of meat and dip into hot au jus for about 5 seconds.
- Place the warm beef on kimmelweck rolls and add horseradish and other condiments of choice.
- Optional: Serve with a side of warm au jus for dipping.
- A spectacular sandwich unique to Western New York, beef-on-weck is roast beef on a kimmelweck roll served with au jus and horseradish. Anderson’s award-winning (and hormone-free) roast beef is convection roasted to perfection, thinly sliced, and layered on a kimmelweck roll (Kaiser roll sprinkled with pretzel salt and caraway seeds). For an authentic Buffalo experience, spread horseradish on your all-natural roast beef.
- Anderson’s ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.