Before being smoked overnight on the bone, these pork shoulders are rubbed with a seasoning blend that includes brown sugar, paprika, coriander, and chile flakes. After being pulled, it’s doused with a vinegar-based sauce to kick up the flavor. Pork is sourced from small family farms, where they’re Certified Humanly Raised and fed a vegetarian, hormone- and antibiotic-free diet.
Recommended Sauce: Mustard & Vinegar Sauce
Since 2009, chef and butcher Ryan Farr has been serving some of San Francisco’s best barbecue at his 4505 Burgers + BBQ. Farr smokes humanely-raised meats low and slow in one of the area’s last remaining historic wood-fired barbecue pits.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes:
- Pulled Pork Shoulder (4 lbs.)
- 8 oz. Bread and Butter Pickles
- Choose to add more!
Add on options include:
4505 Chicharonnes – flavor options include: Sea Salt, Classic Chili & Salt, Smokehouse BBQ, Jalapeno Cheddar, Sea Salt Cracklins, and Chili Lime Cracklins
- 2 pts. Baked Beans
- 2 pts. Coleslaw
- 2 pts. Potato Salad
- 1 Bottle House White (12 oz.)
- 1 Bottle Mustard & Vinegar (12 oz.)
- 1 Bottle Thick & Sweet (12 oz.)
- 8 Parker House Rolls
Pork Shoulder – Pork Shoulder, Brown Sugar, Paprika, Corriander, Black Pepper, Corriander, Sugar, Chili Flake, Salt
Cole Slaw – Cabbage, Mayonaise, Celery Seed, Black Pepper, Salt.
Potato Salad – Potatoes, Mayonaise, Yellow Mustard, Pickle Relish, Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika, Parsley
Baked Beans – Pinto Beans, Ketchup, Molasses, Brown Sugar, Bacon, Onions, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper, Water
House White – Mayonaise, Distilled Vinegar, Black Pepper, Coriander, Jalapeno Powder, Salt.
Thick & Sweet – Water, Molasses, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire, honey, Sugar, Yellow Mustard, paprika, Cayenne, Distilled Vinegar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt.
Mustard & Vinegar Yellow Mustard, Brown Sugar, White Wine Vinegar, Butter, Worcestershire Sauce, Lemon juice, Cayenne Pepper, Water
- Sea Salt – Pork Skin, Sea Salt
- En Fuego – Pork Skin, Paprika, Cayenne, Black Pepper, Palm Sugar, Citric Acid, Salt
- Classic Chili & Salt – Pork Skin, Salt, Palm Sugar, Spices
- Smokehouse BBQ – Pork Skin, Palm Sugar, Salt, Spices, Tomato Powder, Paprika, Citric Acid, Natural Smoke Flavor
- Jalapeno Cheddar – Pork Skin, Cheddar Cheese, Salt, Jalapeno Powder, Organic Sugar
- Chili Lime Cracklins – Pork Skin, Sea Salt, Inactive Yeast, Green Chili Powder, Habanero Powder, Lime Oil
- Sea Salt Cracklins – Pork Skin, Sea Salt
Produced in a facility that handles nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Pork Shoulder ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place Pork immediately in the fridge or freezer
- Pork last 5 hours at room temperature, 7 days in the fridge, or 1 year in the freezer
Heating in Oven or Smoker
- Place frozen vacuum-sealed package(s) in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours prior to reheating
- Remove the meat from the plastic package and keep wrapped in the BBQ paper, or if not wrapped in paper, wrap with the provided BBQ paper.
- Place the wrapped meat on a rimmed cookie sheet in a 230°F preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 155°F.
- After 45 minutes, turn off your oven, and allow your BBQ to rest prior to slicing and/or serving.
- Eat within 15 minutes, or store in your hot oven for up to an hour.
Optional Step: At this point you can also gently sear your meat on a hot grill for 1 minute on each side until desired grill marks are achieved.
Heating in Hot Water
- Place frozen vacuum sealed package(s) in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours prior to reheating
- For 3 pounds of meat, place 1-2 gallons of water in a large pot, making sure the meat will be fully submerged.
- Bring the water to a simmer. Then, place the entire vacuum sealed package in the pot, let the water come back to a gentle simmer and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes of a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and turn off the heat (Don’t worry, the plastic packaging is specifically designed to withstand the heat.)
- Let meat sit in hot water for 30 minutes
- With tongs, remove vacuum sealed package(s) from the water and carefully remove meat from package(s). Your meat is ready to serve.
Optional Step – If you’d like to have a thicker crust on your meat, lightly grill all sides on a hot grill, no longer than 1 minute on each side or until there are visible grill marks.
Add – ons
- All sides are fully cooked and handled with the most care possible
- Reheating Beans – Slowly heat on medium heat till beans are warm through, stirring occasionally so the bottom of the an doesn’t burn
- All sides should be eaten within 2 days of receiving your package
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- 4505 Burgers and BBQ ships Monday – Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.