Founded in Murphysboro, Illinois, in 1985, this Memphis-style barbecue joint is so famous for competition-quality ‘cue and its pitmaster-owner Mike Mills has been named “Best Ribs in the U.S.” by Bon Appétit and “Best BBQ in America” by Travel & Leisure. Today, 17th Street BBQ’s Memphis-style baby backs are slow-smoked over locally grown fruitwood for six hours after being sprinkled with 17th Street’s “Magic Dust” dry rub and brushed with two light coats of award-winning barbecue sauce.
These legendary baby back ribs—crafted by owner Mike Mills (widely known as “The Godfather of BBQ”)—may just be the best thing you ever eat. What makes them so good? Well for starters, each slab is smoked over apple and cherry wood for 5-7 hours after being sprinkled with 17th Street’s “Magic Dust” dry rub. Then they mop two light coats of their award-winning barbecue sauce right before they take them off the pit and finish them with another dash of Magic Dust.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes:
- 4 slabs of Apple City Grand World Champion Baby Back Ribs – Each 12 bones
- 1 bottle of Award-WinningBBQ Sauce – Choose Original or “A Little Kick”
- 1 “Magic Dust” Dry Rub
This is how Mike Mills describes his ribs: “The meat has a light pink-to-rosy color, a result only achieved by cooking with wood. The ribs are NOT over-smoked (so you can taste the spice, and the meat itself), nor do they fall off the bone. Ribs should have some “pull” to them, meaning some meat should stick to the bone when you tear them apart (if the meat falls off the bone, that means they are way overcooked).”
Instructions / Storage
- BBQ is fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and shipped with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, place in the refrigerator or freezer. BBQ can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 3-4 months
- To serve, remove thawed meats from packaging, place on a baking sheet and wrap with foil. Heat in a 250F preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until heated through (Heating times may vary with oven; check intermittently by touching the bone side of the ribs. When hot to the touch, the meat is ready). Remove from the oven and mop with 17th Street BBQ sauce, sprinkle with Magic Dust, and then return to oven unwrapped. Heat for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- 17th Street BBQ ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.