17th Street’s turkey is slowly smoked over local apple wood on the legendary 17th Street pits. The turkey is fully cooked; you’ll warm it in your oven prior to serving. Our Mile-High Biscuits are a cult favorite, and made by hand with fresh, full-fat buttermilk and flecked with bits of butter, rising tall with lots of layers upon baking. Bake just a few or the whole dozen, storing the extra in the freezer until it’s time to pop them in the oven. Top-Shelf Bourbon Butter is the perfect accompaniment to the biscuits.
Founded in Murphysboro, Illinois, in 1985, this Memphis-style barbecue joint from late pitmaster Mike Mills is legendary for its competition-quality ‘cue, which has been named the “Best Ribs in the U.S.” by Bon Appétit and “Best BBQ in America” by Travel & Leisure. 17th Street BBQ’s Memphis-style baby backs are slow-smoked over locally grown fruitwood for six hours after being sprinkled with 17th Street’s “Magic Dust” dry rub and brushed with two light coats of award-winning barbecue sauce.
This package serves 18-20 people and includes
- 1 Apple-Wood Smoked Turkey (approx 22-24 lbs.)
- Glaze (4 oz.)
- 12 Biscuits
- 1 jar Bourbon Butter (4 oz.)
- Biscuits require baking
- Bourbon Butter – Unsalted Butter, Bourbon, Pure Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt
- Biscuits – Dairy, Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Combo ships vacuum-sealed with dry ice
- Dry Ice may dissipate in transit, contents may thaw
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Biscuits should be frozen until baking. They go from the freezer directly to the oven.
- Turkey should be refrigerated until warming. Use within three days of receipt.
- Bourbon Butter should be refrigerated.
- Remove from freezer just before placing in the oven
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Place frozen biscuits on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness by checking the center of a biscuit, if it is still doughy, it needs more time.
- Optional: Melt 2 tablespoons butter and brush/pour on top of each biscuit as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Leave out at room temperature for 1-2 hours or until soft.
Apple-wood Smoked Turkey
- Pre-heat oven to 225•.
- Unwrap turkey and place in a large roasting pan.
- Warm to reach a temperature of 145°.
- Please remember that the turkey is already cooked. You are simply WARMING it. Turning up the oven to hurry the process will cause the meat to dry out.
- 17th Street BBQ ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.